Protect Your Business with an Amazon Brand Registry Lawyer
Amazon presents a tremendous opportunity for people looking to build a retail business. Selling your products on Amazon can give you access to a market that is almost unimaginable. The other side of the coin is that Amazon sellers face intense competition, many of which engage in unethical practices to promote their business at the expense of others.
These shady business tactics often involve selling cheap, low-quality counterfeit products that are a copy of existing products with strong sales. Even worse, someone can copy your product and then claim that you are the business selling counterfeit products. Whether you’re an established seller or new to Amazon, it’s much easier to protect yourself in advance than deal with an issue after it presents itself. An Amazon brand registry lawyer can help you understand your options when it comes to protecting your brand and your business.
What is the Amazon Brand Registry?
Simply put, the Amazon Brand Registry is a program that helps sellers protect their brand. Once enrolled, the Brand Registry provides sellers with several powerful tools to manage and protect their online image, ultimately increasing the value and reputation of your business. To enroll, you need to provide Amazon with the following information:
- Your brand name that is trademarked
- Your trademark
- The government trademark number
- A list of product categories in which your brand and products will be sold
It’s important to note that you can still enroll if your trademark application is pending. However, if you don’t have a trademark and haven’t submitted a trademark application, you cannot enroll in the Amazon Brand Registry. As a result, if you are a private label seller who hasn’t yet filed for trademark protection, an Amazon brand registry lawyer can help you navigate the process.
Benefits of Enrolling in the Amazon Brand Registry
With the creation of the Amazon Brand Registry, the business empire signaled to its sellers that it was serious about dealing with counterfeiters, hijackers, and other bad actors. The Brand Registry continues to make it easier for sellers to manage their brand and fight IP infringement. Enrolling in the Brand Registry provides the following benefits:
- Brand management: Enrolling in the Brand Registry gives you greater control over product pages that use your brand name, allowing you to ensure that customers are receiving accurate information.
- Powerful tools for identifying and reporting infringements: Amazon provides registered sellers with multiple tools for spotting products that are infringing on their intellectual property rights.
- Proactive brand protections: Registered sellers can provide additional information to Amazon that will help Amazon prevent other sellers from using your trademarked logos or marks or otherwise attempt to do business under your brand.
Speak with ESQgo, PC
At ESQgo, we understand the value of brand protection and work closely with our clients to help them understand their options. Whether you are dealing with infringement issues or simply planning ahead, we can help you make the right choices. Contact us today to schedule a free, 30-minute consultation to learn about your options.