Amazon Seller Lawyer for the E-Commerce Community on Amazon
Amazon presents tremendous opportunities to online retailers looking to grow their business. Listing your products on Amazon can give you exposure unlike other web-based platforms, but there are trade-offs – the competition from other sellers can be intense, and some sellers engage in unethical practices to gain an advantage. In addition, Amazon imposes rigorous requirements and policies. Navigating these challenges isn’t easy and at times can be quite difficult. When problems arise, Amazon’s commitment to customer service can leave sellers feeling like they are at a disadvantage, but an Amazon seller lawyer can help you meet these challenges and succeed, despite all the red tape.
The growth of eCommerce websites, online sellers, and affiliate marketing has led to a new area of legal practice. Platforms like Amazon have ballooned into more than a place for people to sell their used books. Fueling Amazon’s growth is Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) – a complete fulfillment solution to warehouse, pack, and ship products to their millions of customers. Today, a seller can be a start-up brand, a Fortune 500 company, or someone selling self-published books.
Amazon’s intricate systems and processes, while a blessing to some, has created astronomical challenges to others. Some leading to legal action, and the birth of a new area of law – “Amazon Law” thereby creating a demand for pioneering lawyers.
What is Amazon FBA?
FBA is a service provided to sellers that allows them to utilize Amazon’s warehouse for storage and shipping. A lot of sellers do not have a physical location. Instead, they market and sell their products directly from Amazon’s website.
Although Amazon provides shipping and customer service, the seller is responsible for their own marketing. However, when issues arise it is seen by the consumer as an Amazon problem and not a seller problem.
Problems arise when some sellers resort to practices referred to as Amazon black hat tactics. These are practices that go against Amazon’s seller guidelines. When these practices are used it is with the intent of undermining legitimate competitors.
The practice has grown to the point where legitimate accounts are being negatively impacted. Are you an FBA merchant concerned about Amazon account suspension? Let our Amazon law firm help.
Ways an Amazon Seller Lawyer at ESQgo, PC Can Help
Many sellers don’t realize they need a lawyer until it’s too late. Amazon seller attorney and Founder Mario Simonyan built and sold two seven-figure Amazon businesses before founding ESQgo, PC. As a result, our firm is uniquely positioned to handle the following types of issues that Amazon sellers may encounter:
- Intellectual property issues including trademark, copyright, and patent protection. We work with sellers who need intellectual property protection as well as sellers who believe someone else is infringing upon their IP rights. We also help sellers protect their business when another seller claims that they have infringed on their intellectual property.
- Account suspensions. An account suspension can be a crisis situation for most sellers. We help sellers get their accounts reinstated so that they can move forward with their business.
- ASIN suspensions. If disputes arise concerning a particular product, Amazon may suspend your ASIN and thereby make it impossible to sell that product, which can result in serious harm to your business. We work with sellers who are dealing with ASIN suspensions to help them get their products reinstated.
- Competitor disputes. Some Amazon sellers attempt to gain an advantage by filing meritless complaints that undermine your business. We help sellers defend themselves against disputes from other sellers. We also help sellers protect their rights by aggressively pursuing infringements and other claims against other sellers who are taking unfair advantage of Amazon’s policies.
- Counterfeit claims: In the case of counterfeit claims, the accusation is that the product being sold is not the product being marketed. A counterfeit item is merchandise marketed as one thing but turns out to be something else. Our Amazon seller lawyers can help you protect the integrity of your business.
- MAP Pricing: A MAP refers to “minimum advertised pricing” which is the lowest price a manufacturer allows a price to be sold for. If the manufacturer receives notification that you are selling below this limit, an Amazon seller lawyer can represent you in the dispute.
An experienced Amazon seller attorney can help you with almost any issue you are facing. From protecting your brand with intellectual property rights and responding to unfair competitors to addressing issues you are facing with Amazon, we have the experience you need to get positive results.
Why You Should Consider Talking to an Amazon Seller Law Firm BEFORE You Have a Problem
When establishing a business on Amazon, there is no one-size-fits-all plan that will meet your needs. Your business is unique and so are your needs. An Amazon seller lawyer can identify potential issues before they arise, help you understand your options, and provide you with the services you need to get off to the best possible start.
If you are an established seller, the options available to you when faced with a dispute or other issues are often limited and require that you follow complicated procedures. An experienced Amazon seller attorney can help you protect your business by successfully navigating Amazon’s requirements and procedures. In short, investing in legal representation is an investment in the future success of your business.
Contact an Amazon Seller Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation
Whether you are a start-up or an established seller, we have the knowledge and experience you need to get to the next level. To schedule a free 30-minute consultation, contact us today. We look forward to learning about your needs.