Saying Goodbye to Amazon: Tips for Successfully Closing Your Seller Account
Parting ways with Amazon can be complex, especially if you have been a seller on their platform for a while. However, there are situations where closing your seller account is the best choice, and that is why we give you a guide on how to close your amazon seller account properly.
You may shift to a new business model or focus on another marketplace. Whatever your reasons, closing your Amazon seller account can be a daunting process, from navigating Amazon’s policies to transferring your inventory. But fear not, as this article provides tips on how to close your Amazon seller account successfully. We cover everything you need to know. So, if you’re ready to say goodbye to Amazon, keep reading!
Reasons to leave Amazon
There are many reasons to consider closing your Amazon seller account. For example, you may have decided to focus on building your e-commerce website or move your business to a different platform altogether.
Alternatively, you may have found that selling on Amazon is no longer profitable, or you may have encountered issues with the platform that you need help resolving. In that case, you can always reach out to an expert like ESQgo.
Our firm specializes in Intellectual Property and “Amazon Law” , and we have helped hundreds of Amazon Sellers resolve their disputes with Amazon. We offer a free consultation to every new client, so contact us now. We want to hear from you.
Whatever the reason, it is essential to ensure that you make the right decision before closing your account. Take some time to reflect on why you are considering closing your Amazon seller account and whether there are any potential solutions to the problems you are experiencing.
Preparer your Amazon Seller Account for closing
Before you can close your Amazon seller account, there are several things that you need to do.
- Firstly, you must ensure you have cleared any outstanding orders and received payment.
- You should also cancel any listings that are still active and resolve any issues with your account, such as disputes, complaints, policy violations or suspensions. Keep in mind that your seller account needs to be in good standing to be eligible for closure. For example, you cannot close a suspended or deactivated account.
- Once done, transfer your inventory to a new location or sell it off. Depending on your preferences, you can sell your stock on Amazon or through a different platform. If you are selling your inventory on Amazon, make sure that you have set a competitive price and that you are clear about the condition of the items.
- Finally, you need to update your payment and bank account information to ensure that you can receive any final payments from Amazon.
Before you can close your Amazon seller account, you need to resolve any outstanding issues with your account. This includes disputes, complaints, and other issues affecting your reputation on the platform. To resolve these issues:
- Go to the Performance page and review any notifications or messages you have received.
- You will then need to take action to resolve the problems, such as issuing refunds or responding to customer complaints.
Fixing these issues before you close your account is vital to maintaining your reputation. If you have any outstanding issues that you cannot resolve, contact Amazon’s seller support team for assistance.
Once you have completed all of the necessary steps, you can request the closure of your Amazon seller account. To do this:
- Go to the Contact Us page and select “Close my account” from the drop-down menu.
- You must follow the instructions to complete the closure process. It is crucial to note that once you have closed your Amazon seller account, you cannot reopen it.
- Additionally, you cannot access any of your previous data or order information, so ensure you have downloaded any essential information before closing your account.
After closing your Amazon seller account, you must ensure that you have updated your website and other online platforms to reflect the change.
If you are moving to a different platform or starting your e-commerce website, ensure you have researched and are prepared for the transition. Additionally, it is essential to inform your customers and inform them of any changes that may affect them.