Review Manipulation: Our Amazon Appeal Lawyer Discusses How To Avoid This Issue
It is extremely important to protect yourself against suspensions on both a listing and account level. One area to be aware of is suspensions due to review manipulation.
Amazon’s policies and community guidelines prohibit any attempt to influence or inflate customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews. If Amazon flags your listing or account for this violation, they will immediately suspend or terminate that listing or seller account and remove related product reviews. Moreover, Amazon may also withhold your remittances and payments and pursue legal action against you. At that point, it is in your best interest to seek counsel from an Amazon appeal lawyer.
How to Avoid Seller Account Suspension Due to Review Manipulation
Although you may ask your customers to leave a product review, here are some common mistakes to avoid so that you do not get suspended for review manipulation on Amazon.
- Avoid asking close friends and family members to write a product review. While it may be well-intentioned, there have been cases of buyers inadvertently using the same IP address as the seller, resulting in a review manipulation suspension.
- Avoid offering any form of incentive in exchange for reviews. This includes discounts, rebates, freebies, coupons, and thank you gifts. Amazon will consider this as veiled attempts at bribing the buyer into giving more favorable feedback.
- Do not direct your buyers towards either an email or a review. If a buyer has a negative experience, it can be tempting to ask them to only email you. Conversely, if they have a positive experience, the tendency is to ask them for a review. Do not try to steer them in either direction. Instead, offer both options all the time.
- If you ever ask a customer for a review, emphasize that you want an honest review. This shows Amazon that you are actually trying to find out how well your product has been received and that you are not trying to manipulate any reviews.
- If you are using a third-party company or software to request reviews, make sure you examine the language used on all communications sent to your buyers. Do not allow any language that attempts to influence positive star ratings or the content of reviews. This includes asking a buyer to leave a review “if you’re satisfied with your purchase.” Amazon sees this as using wording to manipulate the review.
Speak With An Experienced Amazon Appeal Lawyer at ESQgo
Amazon is serious about prohibiting seller review manipulation. If you have been accused of manipulation, it is in your best interest to speak with an experienced Amazon appeal lawyer at our firm regarding the options you have. Our attorneys understand Amazon seller suspensions and reinstatements, and you may even be a perfect candidate for our trademarked Synthetic Arbitration option. We may be reached by calling 888-600-1925 or via our contact page.