Things Virtual Assistants Do That Can Get Your Amazon Seller Account Suspended
Having your Amazon seller account suspended interrupts your ability to operate your business and creates a situation where you are scrambling to have your selling privileges reinstated. To help keep their businesses running smoothly and prevent suspensions, many sellers are turning to virtual assistants (VAs).
A VA is typically a contractor that an Amazon seller hires to remotely assist with day-to-day business tasks. Unfortunately, here at ESQgo, we have noticed Amazon businesses being suspended due to unwise actions by virtual assistants.
Many of these actions are completed without the knowledge or permission of the seller. However, the seller is the one to suffer the repercussions as they are responsible for all activities on their seller account.
Types of VAs
There are two types of VAs that are typically utilized by Amazon sellers:
- Independent VAs: Independent VAs generally work as contractors on their own from their homes. The seller hires these VAs and has direct contact with them.
- VA Agencies: VA agencies generally have one point of contact for the seller to stay in touch with, while the agency finds the specific VA(s) that will be working the seller’s workflow.
Tasks Performed By VAs For Amazon Sellers
VA’s can handle extremely simple or more advanced tasks. Some of the tasks they perform for Amazon sellers include:
- Customer Service: Excellent customer service is an integral part of any successful business, and VAs commonly handle customer service tasks for Amazon sellers.
- Inventory Management: Many Amazon sellers use VAs to track inventory.
- Order Fulfillment: Order fulfillment generally refers to the receiving, processing, and shipping of orders. It is a process that consists of multiple steps and must be tracked carefully. It is a process that quite a few Amazon sellers trust to VAs.
- Returns & Exchanges: VAs are often used to process returns and exchanges for Amazon sellers.
Common VA Mistakes & How They Are Treated By Amazon
Some of the most common VA mistakes include:
- The submission of forged, manipulated, or altered documents
- Providing invalid, recycled, or fake tracking numbers
- Confirming shipments without having orders fulfilled
The biggest issue with these mistakes is that they are considered by Amazon to be “deceptive or fraudulent, or illegal activity.” This makes having selling privileges reinstated after one of these violations extremely difficult. Depending on the degree, frequency and nature of the violation, it is possible that Amazon will decide to have the Amazon seller account suspended permanently.
Is Your Amazon Seller Account Suspended? Contact ESQgo
Every day having your Amazon seller account suspended is another day you are losing money. To get your selling privileges reinstated as quickly as possible, you need to speak with an attorney that focuses on representing sellers in e-commerce. At ESQgo, we are experienced legal professionals that can help you get your business up and running. We may be reached by calling 888-600-1925 or via our contact page.